By working honestly, openly and in support of our clients’ candidates and their particular circumstances our view is that we better serve our clients and their needs.
Our fees are not job offer, acceptance or start generated and so advice is always impartial and never subjective. What is more the advice is based on over 25 years’ experience of not just recruitment but outplacement support where we have helped individuals or whole groups of people (including factory closures) with making a successful transition between one employer and the next.
The job search process is one of many components and our KnowledgeBase contains useful and valued advice the various processes involved including:
• Putting together a CV – with examples of the good, the bad and the downright weird
• Covering letters – why bother and what’s needed
• Reading advertisements – properly!
• Interviews – plenty of do’s and don’ts and some that might surprise you!
• Offers and buybacks and negotiations
Ultimately the job search process will be less stressful and more successful with our support.
To reiterate – treating candidates with the best practice ensures clients have the best outcomes.